- Online Credits State Approvals
- Continuing Education Courses
- Continuing Education FAQs
- Contact Us
- Online Store
Register for free and we'll load a free course to your account*.
Pennsylvania Physical Therapy & Physical Therapy Assistant Continuing Education
Pennsylvania Continuing Education Requirements:
PT: 30 hrs biennially - Pennsylvania Accepts 30 hours of Online Continuing Education Courses. Due by 12/31 in even years
PTA: 30 hrs biennially - Pennsylvania Accepts 30 hours of Online Continuing Education Courses. Due by 12/31 in even years
Please click here for a listing of online continuing education courses specifically approved for Pennsylvania Physical Therapists and Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Assistants.
2 hours law and/or ethics
4 hours must be in recognizing emergency health conditions (CPR certification through the American Red Cross of the American Heart Association meets this requirement)
New Regulation Effective January 1, 2015: Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting
Effective January 1, 2015, all persons applying for issuance of an initial license shall be required to complete 3 hours of DPW-approved training in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of licensure. Additionally, effective with the first license renewal after January 1, 2015, all health-related licensees applying for the renewal of a license issued by the Board shall be required to complete at least 2 hours of Board-approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of renewal.
OnlineCE.com offers a 2 hour course for license renewal to meet this requirement.
See our topic: Abuse - Child and Elder and take course titled "Abuse - Child for PA Mandatory Reporters".
This CE Course #OCEC0001 Approved by PA Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs for Mandatory Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting and counts towards 2 hours of PA license renewal credit.
OnlineCE.com offers a 3 hour course for initial licensure to meet this requirement.
See our topic: Abuse - Child and Elder and take course titled "Abuse - Child for PA Mandatory Reporters for Initial Licensure". This CE Course #OCEC0002 Approved by PA Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs for Mandatory Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting and counts towards 3 hours of PA license renewal credit.
OnlineCE.com will submit your completion of the Child Abuse course by an electronic report to the PA Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs on the Monday following the date of completion. The PA Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs then loads the course completion information to Bureau's website where your individual licensing board accesses the completion information. OnlineCE.com cannot submit this information directly to your licensing board.
State of Pennsylvania Continuing Education Requirements
Pennsylvania Continuing Education requirements posted on this page are based upon the most up to date information available. Pennsylvania continuing education requirements are subject to change and therefore, Pennsylvania PT/PTA licensee's are ultimately responsible for being up to date with the Pennsylvania continuing education requirements.
Continuing education courses offered on OnlineCE.com provide Online CEU for Pennsylvania Physical Therapists (PT) and Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA). The online courses enhance the knowledge bases of PT/PTA to enhance clinical therapy practice. Free 1 hour APTA approved online home study CE credit course for new Pennsylvania Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant registered users at www.OnlineCE.com
Revised: 2016-11-18 10:33:54
Course Topics Include (but are not limited to):
- Addictions Online Course
- AIDS Online Course
- Anatomy Dissections Online Course
- Aquatic Therapy Online Course
- Arthritis Online Course
- Atlas of the Hand Clinics Online Course
- Boundary Training Online Course
- Business and Commerce Online Course
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab Online Course
- Clinical Rehabilitation of the Wrist Online Course
- Continuous Passive Motion Online Course
- Cultural Competency Online Course
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders Online Course
- Emergency Procedures Online Course
- Ergonomics Online Course
- Ethics for Professionals Online Course
- Hand Therapy Online Course
- Hand Therapy Treatment Activities Online Course
- Introduction to hand therapy Online Course
- Learning and Behavioral Disorders Online Course
- Manipulation and Technique Online Course
- Manual Edema Mobilization Online Course
- Medical Errors Online Course
- Neurology UE Online Course
- Oncology Rehab Online Course
- Pain Management Online Course
- Pediatrics Online Course
- Pharmacology Online Course
- Rehabilitation Online Course
- Shoulder Rehab Online Course
- Soft Tissue Conditions Online Course
- Spinal Cord Injuries Online Course
- Splinting Online Course
- Sports and Hand Injuries Online Course
- Tendon Injuries Online Course
- Therapeutic Modalities Online Course
- Upper Extremity Anatomy Online Course
- Wound Management Online Course