- Online Credits State Approvals
- Continuing Education Courses
- Continuing Education FAQs
- Contact Us
- Online Store
Register for free and we'll load a free course to your account*.
Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy & Occupational Therapy Assistant Continuing Education
Pennsylvania Accepts OnlineCE.com Courses
Pennsylvania Continuing Education Requirements:
OT: 24 hrs biennially - Pennsylvania Accepts 24 hours of Online Continuing Education Courses
OTA: No State CE Requirements - NBCOT accepts 36 hours of Online Continuing Education Courses for NBCOT Recertification
New Regulation Effective January 1, 2015: Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting
Effective January 1, 2015, all persons applying for issuance of an initial license shall be required to complete 3 hours of DPW-approved training in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of licensure. Additionally, effective with the first license renewal after January 1, 2015, all health-related licensees applying for the renewal of a license issued by the Board shall be required to complete at least 2 hours of Board-approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of renewal.
OnlineCE.com offers a 2 hour course for license renewal to meet this requirement.
See our topic: Abuse - Child and Elder and take course titled "Abuse - Child for PA Mandatory Reporters".
This CE Course #OCEC0001 Approved by PA Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs for Mandatory Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting and counts towards 2 hours of PA license renewal credit.
OnlineCE.com offers a 3 hour course for initial licensure to meet this requirement.
See our topic: Abuse - Child and Elder and take course titled "Abuse - Child for PA Mandatory Reporters for Initial Licensure". This CE Course #OCEC0002 Approved by PA Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs for Mandatory Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting and counts towards 3 hours of PA license renewal credit.
OnlineCE.com will submit your completion of the Child Abuse course by an electronic report to the PA Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs on the Monday following the date of completion. The PA Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs then loads the course completion information to Bureau's website where your individual licensing board accesses the completion information. OnlineCE.com cannot submit this information directly to your licensing board.
NBCOT: 36 hours of continuing education every 3 years. The NBCOT accepts 36 hours of OnlineCE courses. OnlineCE is an approved provider of the AOTA # 4023
Continuing Education Requirements by NBCOT
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) is the national governing body responsible for credentialing Occupational Therapists (OTR) and Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTA). In order to maintain current certification as an OTR or OTA, therapists must meet all NBCOT continuing education (CE) requirements. A total of thirty-six (36) professional development units during a three year cycle are required. A maximum of 36 hours can be obtained through OnlineCE.com Online Continuing Education Courses.
State of Pennsylvania Continuing Education Requirements
Pennsylvania Continuing Education requirements posted on this page are based upon the most up to date information available. Pennsylvania continuing education requirements are subject to change and therefore, Pennsylvania OT/OTA licensee's are ultimately responsible for being up to date with the Pennsylvania continuing education requirements.
AOTA Approved Provider #4023
Continuing education courses offered on OnlineCE.com provide Online CEU for Pennsylvania Occupational Therapists (OT) and Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTA). The online courses enhance the knowledge bases of OT/OTA to enhance clinical therapy practice. Free 1 hour AOTA approved online home study CE credit course for new Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant registered users at www.OnlineCE.com
Revised: 2016-11-18 10:31:34
Course Topics Include (but are not limited to):
- AIDS Online Courses
- Anatomy Dissections Online Courses
- Aquatic Therapy Online Course
- Arthritis Online Course
- Atlas of the Hand Clinics Online Course
- Boundary Training Online Course
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab Online Course
- Clinical Rehabilitation of the Wrist Online Course
- Continuous Passive Motion Online Course
- COTA Skills Online Course
- Cultural Competency Online Course
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders Online Course
- Driver Rehabilitation Online Course
- Emergency Procedures Online Course
- Ergonomics Online Course
- Ethics for Professionals Online Course
- Hand Therapy Online Course
- Hand Therapy Treatment Activities Online Course
- Introduction to hand therapy Online Course
- Learning and Behavioral Disorders Online Course
- Manipulation and Technique Online Course
- Manual Edema Mobilization Online Course
- Medical Errors Online Course
- Neurology UE Online Course
- Occupation Based Hand Therapy Online Course
- Oncology Rehab Online Course
- OT with Elders: Strategies for the COTA Online Course
- Pain Management Online Course
- Pediatrics Online Course
- Pharmacology Online Course
- Shoulder Rehab Online Course
- Soft Tissue Conditions Online Course
- Spinal Cord Injuries Online Course
- Splinting Online Course
- Sports and Hand Injuries Online Course
- Swallowing Disorders Online Course
- Tendon Injuries Online Course
- Therapeutic Modalities Online Course
- Upper Extremity Anatomy Online Course
- Wound Management Online Course